Easy Pumpkin Spice Donut Bites
Tossed in cinnamon sugar, these pumpkin donut holes are baked to perfection for the perfect snackable sweet treat.
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D. SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 2% milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease two 12-donut baking molds.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg, pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour mixture just until incorporated. Divide batter evenly among donut molds.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let cool in molds for 2 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter.
- In shallow bowl, stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Toss warm donut bites in butter, then cinnamon sugar to coat.
- For a deep-fried option, in batches to avoid crowding, spoon heaping 2 tbsp (30 mL) batter into deep fryer preheated to 350°F (180°C) and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until deep golden brown. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate and let cool for 5 minutes before tossing in cinnamon sugar.