Desserts & Sweet TreatsDonutsE.D.SMITH® Pie FillingsEasyPure PumpkinSpring & Easter
Easy Pumpkin Spice Donut Bites
Tossed in cinnamon sugar, these pumpkin donut holes are baked to perfection for the perfect snackable sweet treat.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Resting Time 2 mins
Total Time 37 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D. SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 2% milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease two 12-donut baking molds.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg, pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour mixture just until incorporated. Divide batter evenly among donut molds.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let cool in molds for 2 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter.
- In shallow bowl, stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Toss warm donut bites in butter, then cinnamon sugar to coat.
- For a deep-fried option, in batches to avoid crowding, spoon heaping 2 tbsp (30 mL) batter into deep fryer preheated to 350°F (180°C) and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until deep golden brown. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate and let cool for 5 minutes before tossing in cinnamon sugar.
Season/Occasion Spring & Easter