Farro Salad With Beets And Goat Cheese
Farro is an ancient grain, similar in texture to barley, that stars in this hearty and satisfying salad, complete with a tangy-sweet dressing and plenty of seedy crunch.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 40 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) farro
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Peach Mango Orange Fruit Spread
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each toasted sliced almonds and pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed baby arugula
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooked sliced beets
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pomegranate seeds
- Bring water to boil in saucepan; cook farro according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together yogurt, fruit spread, vinegar, oil, chives, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss together 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked farro, almonds, pumpkin seeds and 2 tbsp (30 mL) yogurt dressing. Place arugula on serving plate; top with farro mixture, beets, goat cheese and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with extra dressing. (Refrigerate leftover farro and remaining dressing for another use.)
- Per 1 recipe: Calories 680, Fat 28g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 850mg, Carbohydrate 91g, Fibre 14g, Sugars 28g, Protein 24g
Substitute any leftover roasted root vegetables on hand for the beets if desired.
Type Soups & Salads
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Summer Fun - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween