Pumpkin Pie Semifreddo
This homemade frozen yogurt, inspired by classic pumpkin pie, is impressive with a quick and easy no-churn method.
- 1½ cups (375 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 can 14 oz/396 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) no-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toffee bits
- Line 11- x 8-inch (28 x 20 cm) baking dish with enough plastic wrap to overhang edges. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer, whip cream on high for about 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk together condensed milk, yogurt, pie filling and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Stir 1 cup (250 mL) whipped cream into pumpkin mixture; fold in remaining whipped cream until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish; sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Fold overhanging plastic wrap over the top to cover; freeze for 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
- To serve, cut into squares using knife dipped in hot water.
For a great frozen pumpkin pie, pour custard into a prepared graham cracker crust and freeze.
For a little sparkle, toss extra toffee bits in shimmer dust and sprinkle over top