Glazed Turkey Burgers With Goat Cheese
Homemade juicy turkey burgers brushed with a berry infused glaze are a delicious and healthier burger option. Layer on your own toppings or we suggest arugula, red onion and goat cheese.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Raspberry Strawberry & Blackberry Fruit Spread
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 red onion sliced into rings
- 4 artisan rolls
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- Baby arugula leaves
- Glaze: Heat fruit spread, vinegar, salt and pepper in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and syrupy; set aside.
- Gently mix ground turkey with onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, garlic, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 portions. Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick patties.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well marked. Continue to grill, brushing burgers with half the glaze for 2 to 3 minutes more or until burgers are cooked through. Meanwhile, grill red onion rings for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until well marked and tender.
- In each roll, layer the arugula, burger patties, some of the remaining glaze, grilled red onion and a sprinkle of goat cheese.
Try with E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Strawberry Raspberry & Blackberry Fruit Spread
Save time and use frozen or store-prepared turkey burgers instead of making them from scratch.