DifficultyDips, Marinades & SaucesHoliday, Christmas & New YearsIntermediateLunch & DInnerProductSpring & EasterSummer FunTRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
Grilled Chicken Skewers With Sweet Asian Chili Glaze
Sweet chili glazed and grilled to perfection chicken skewers are delicious paired with our quinoa salad recipe.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Resting Time 30 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1⅓ cup (325 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 4 tsp (20 mL) minced ginger
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Asian chili sauce, such as Sriracha or saambal oelek
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Soak eight (12-inch/30 cm) wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir fruit spread with vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, chili sauce and garlic until well combined. Set half aside to serve with cooked chicken for dipping.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Thread chicken on skewers. Brush with oil; season all over with salt and pepper. Grill skewers for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well-marked.
- Continue to grill, turning and brushing with the remaining glaze, for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve with reserved glaze for dipping.
Substitute E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® No Sugar Added Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread.
Type Dips, Marinades & Sauces
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Summer Fun