Grilled Brie Wheel With Field Berry And Fig Chutney
This amazing blueberry, field berry and fig chutney has many applications. We've layered into onto a brie wheel and baked for a savoury and delicious snack or appetizer.
- 1 round (450 g) double cream Brie
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 baguette sliced into 1/4-inch (1 cm) thick slices
- Field Berry and Fig Chutney:
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Field Berry Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry red wine
- 6 dried figs chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp (15 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (15 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cloves
- Field Berry and Fig Chutney: In large saucepan, combine blueberries, Field Berry spread, red wine, figs, red onion, vinegar, thyme, mustard, cinnamon, salt, pepper, allspice and cloves over medium-high heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat back of spoon. Cool completely.
- Preheat one side of grill to medium; clean and grease grate well. Brush both sides of Brie with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining oil. Grill cheese over indirect heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until warmed through and slightly swollen. Grill baguette slices over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until lightly toasted.
- Place Brie on serving plate; top with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the Field Berry and Fig Chutney. (Save remaining chutney for another use.) Serve with grilled baguette slices.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Fruit Spreads in the chutney.
Store remaining chutney in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge or one month in the freezer.
Use remaining chutney for salami and cheese trays, or serve with grilled chicken, pork or salmon.
Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.