Grilled Shrimp Salad With Apricot Jalapeño Dressing
Layer spinach, fennel, onion, orange and shrimp skewers for a hearty lunch or light dinner. Add some kick to your salad with our apricot jalapeno dressing in this recipe.
Apricot Jalapeño Dressing:
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
Grilled Shrimp Salad:
- 1 lb (500 g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 cups (2 L) baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 oranges segmented
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 soaked wooden skewers
- Apricot Jalapeño Dressing: Whisk together vinegar, fruit spread, mustard, jalapeño, salt and pepper; whisk in olive oil. Set aside.
- Grilled Shrimp: Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Toss together shrimp, olive oil, salt and pepper; thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer. Grill shrimp, turning once, for about 4 minutes or until pink.
- Meanwhile, toss together spinach, fennel, red onion, orange segments and dressing; divide among 4 plates. Top each serving with skewer of shrimp. Sprinkle with goat cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Replace pumpkin seeds with 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame seeds if desired.