Pecan Pretzel Peach Cream Pie
Peach, Mango and Orange flavour the whipped cream in this summery pie. Pretzels add a lovely crunch and a hint of salt to the crust.
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 50 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 1/2 oz (15 g) salted pretzel sticks, broken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) 3% homo milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Peach Mango Orange Fruit Spread
- 1½ cups (375 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (160°C). In food processor, pulse pretzels with pecans until fine. Add graham crumbs and sugar; pulse to combine. Drizzle butter over top; pulse to moisten.
- Press mixture into 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie plate; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Pie Filling: Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Heat milk in saucepan set over medium heat until steaming. Whisk 1/2 cup (125 mL) hot milk into egg mixture; whisk into milk in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface and let cool completely.
- Topping: Whip together cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold 1 cup (250 mL) whipped cream into pastry cream; fold in Triple Fruits Peach Mango Orange Fruit. Scrape into pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, pipe or dollop remaining whipped cream on top. Garnish with pretzels and pecans.
Break pretzels in resealable bag using a rolling pin.
Replace E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Peach Mango Orange Fruit Spread with another flavour, such as E.D. SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread.
Type Pies & Tarts
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween