Strawberry Mint Mojito
This creative twist on the classic Mojito cocktail is shaken up with the splendid addition of strawberry jam.
- 10 small fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) E.D.SMITH® Spa Fruits Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1½ oz (45 mL) white rum
- Ice cubes about 5 large cubes
- Soda water about 1/2 cup/125 mL
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Sliced strawberries
- In cocktail shaker, muddle 6 mint leaves, jam, lime juice and rum; muddle until mint leaves are bruised and fragrant. Add ice; shake vigorously until chilled.
- Pour into stemmed glass; top up with soda water. Add remaining mint leaves.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and strawberries.
Use raspberry or blueberry jam instead of strawberry jam if desired.
When guests are coming, multiply amounts to make in a pitcher or punch bowl, adding soda water and ice just before serving.
Make small diagonal slit onto each strawberry slice, then slide onto rim of glass.