Pumpkin Bacon And Spinach Pizza
Proving that pumpkin can go well with anything, we've made this savoury pumpkin bacon and spinach pizza just for you!
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 cups (750 mL) lightly packed baby spinach
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 6 basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian seasoning blend
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) store bought pizza dough
- 1¼ cup (300 mL) shredded mozzarella
- Heat a skillet set over medium heat. Cook bacon for 5 to 8 minutes or until bacon is golden and lightly crisp. Drain on paper towel. Cut into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- In same pan, remove all but 1 tsp (5 mL) bacon fat. Increase heat to medium-high. Sauté spinach for 1 to 2 minutes or until just starts to wilt. Cool completely. Squeeze dry and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (220˚C); arrange the rack in the lowest position. Brush a pizza pan or large baking sheet with oil. Stir pumpkin with olive oil, basil, Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Roll out dough into a 12-inch (30 cm) circle, about 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick.
- Spread pumpkin mixture onto pizza dough, leaving a 1/2-inch (13 mm) border. Scatter, spinach and bacon overtop. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Substitute cooked Italian sausage for the bacon, if desired.
Transfer leftover pumpkin to an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month.