Baked Ricotta Pumpkin Shells
Pumpkin goes with anything, and these indulgent baked ricotta pumpkin shells can prove it. Try serving these at your next family dinner.
- 1 pkg (250 g) jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups (500 mL) marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh sage, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup (250 mL) part skim ricotta
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the shells according to package directions; set aside. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch (3 L) baking dish. Whisk marinara sauce with cream and half the sage. Pour into pan; set aside.
- Stir pumpkin with ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and mozzarella. Add remaining sage, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Divide filling evenly among cooked shells and arrange in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
1. For a smoky flavor, add a little cooked and crumbled bacon to the filling.