Baked Ricotta Pumpkin Shells
Pumpkin goes with anything, and these indulgent baked ricotta pumpkin shells can prove it. Try serving these at your next family dinner.
Prep Time 25 mins
Cook Time 40 mins
Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1 pkg (250 g) jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups (500 mL) marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh sage, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup (250 mL) part skim ricotta
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the shells according to package directions; set aside. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch (3 L) baking dish. Whisk marinara sauce with cream and half the sage. Pour into pan; set aside.
- Stir pumpkin with ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and mozzarella. Add remaining sage, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Divide filling evenly among cooked shells and arrange in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
1. For a smoky flavor, add a little cooked and crumbled bacon to the filling.
Type Sandwiches, Pizza & Savoury Snacks
Season/Occasion Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween