Pumpkin Hummus With Crudites And Mini Pitas
Try this easy pumpkin hummus that the whole family will love.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tahini paste
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1 bag (13 oz/340 g) bite-size pitas (18 pieces)
- 2 stalks celery cut into sticks
- 2 carrots cut into sticks
- 1/2 English cucumber cut into sticks
- 1 red pepper cut into sticks
- Add garlic to food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, coriander, pepper and cayenne; purée until smooth. Add pumpkin purée; pulse to combine. (Add a few tablespoonfuls of water if mixture is too thick.)
- Serve with pitas, celery, carrots, cucumber and red pepper sticks.
If desired, warm pitas in 425°F (220°C) oven for a few minutes.
Garnish pumpkin hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley and pinch of paprika, if desired.
Keep leftover pumpkin hummus covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days to use in sandwiches or as a dip.