Pumpkin Monkey Bread
Watch how fast this incredible pumpkin pie–flavored monkey bread disappears the instant it’s set down on the table!
Prep Time 45 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Resting Time 2 hrs 40 mins
Total Time 4 hrs 10 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups + 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar divided
- In small microwave-safe bowl, microwave milk for about 30 seconds or until lukewarm.
- In small saucepan, melt 1 cup + 3 tbsp melted butter; let cool slightly. Transfer 1/2 cup of melted butter to small shallow bowl; reserve and set aside.
- Transfer remaining melted butter to stand mixer fitted with dough hook; on low speed, mix in warm milk, 1 cup Pure Pumpkin, eggs, sugar, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, yeast and salt until combined. Mix in half of the flour until combined. Add remaining flour; mix just until combined.
- Increase speed to medium; knead for 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and pulls away from side of bowl.
- Transfer dough to large greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm spot for about 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- In small saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, remaining Pure Pumpkin, remaining butter and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour half of the mixture into greased 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- On floured work surface, cut dough into tablespoon-size pieces. Roll each piece in reserved melted butter, then into brown sugar mixture; place in prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm spot for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place Bundt pan on rimmed sheet pan; pour remaining pumpkin mixture over dough. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes; invert onto serving platter.
If desired, top with a cream cheese glaze: Using electric mixer, beat 4 oz room-temperature cream cheese with 2 tbsp room-temperature butter until smooth. Beat in 2/3 cup icing sugar, followed by 3 tbsp milk, adding up to 1 tbsp more milk for desired consistency. Drizzle over monkey bread before serving.
Type Breads, Scones & Rolls
Season/Occasion Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween