Pumpkin Monkey Bread
Watch how fast this incredible pumpkin pie–flavored monkey bread disappears the instant it’s set down on the table!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups + 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar divided
- In small microwave-safe bowl, microwave milk for about 30 seconds or until lukewarm.
- In small saucepan, melt 1 cup + 3 tbsp melted butter; let cool slightly. Transfer 1/2 cup of melted butter to small shallow bowl; reserve and set aside.
- Transfer remaining melted butter to stand mixer fitted with dough hook; on low speed, mix in warm milk, 1 cup Pure Pumpkin, eggs, sugar, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, yeast and salt until combined. Mix in half of the flour until combined. Add remaining flour; mix just until combined.
- Increase speed to medium; knead for 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and pulls away from side of bowl.
- Transfer dough to large greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm spot for about 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- In small saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, remaining Pure Pumpkin, remaining butter and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour half of the mixture into greased 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- On floured work surface, cut dough into tablespoon-size pieces. Roll each piece in reserved melted butter, then into brown sugar mixture; place in prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm spot for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place Bundt pan on rimmed sheet pan; pour remaining pumpkin mixture over dough. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes; invert onto serving platter.
If desired, top with a cream cheese glaze: Using electric mixer, beat 4 oz room-temperature cream cheese with 2 tbsp room-temperature butter until smooth. Beat in 2/3 cup icing sugar, followed by 3 tbsp milk, adding up to 1 tbsp more milk for desired consistency. Drizzle over monkey bread before serving.