Raspberry Bundt Cake
This pretty raspberry Bundt cake is perfect for celebrating. Add to holiday brunch menus, serve as an after-dinner dessert or enjoy as a treat alongside afternoon tea or coffee with friends.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 55 mins
Resting Time 55 mins
Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) E.D. SMITH® Raspberry Pie Filling, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D. SMITH® Raspberry Pie Filling
- 2 cups (500 mL) confectioners’ (icing) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raspberries
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 12-cup (3 L) Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. One at a time, beat in eggs, incorporating each fully before adding next one. Beat in orange zest and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, add one-third of flour mixture, then add sour cream. Beat in one-third of flour mixture, then add 1/2 cup (125 mL) raspberry pie filling. Finally, beat in the last third of flour mixture until incorporated.
- Scrape two-thirds of batter into prepared pan. Using spoon, swirl in remaining raspberry pie filling. Top with the remaining batter. Smooth top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake. Let stand 15 minutes before turning cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Raspberry Glaze: In medium bowl, whisk together raspberry pie filling with confectioners’ sugar and orange juice until smooth.
- Drizzle cake with raspberry glaze. Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes or until glaze is set. Garnish with fresh raspberries and, if using, mint.
- Substitute orange zest and orange juice for lemon zest and lemon juice if preferred.
- For a pretty pink cake, stir in 2 to 3 drops pink food colouring gel when beating in the sour cream.
- Serve cake with dollop of whipped cream, sour cream or ice cream if desired.
Type Cakes & Cupcakes
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years