Skillet Peach Melba Crisp
This easy take on a classic dessert is the essence of summer, bursting with peach, raspberry and vanilla flavours.
- 1 lb peaches, about 3
- 1 can E.D.SMITH® Raspberry Pie Filling
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- Halve and pit peaches; cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- In bowl, combine peaches, Raspberry Pie Filling, lemon juice and vanilla. Spoon into prepared pan.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Scatter evenly over peach mixture.
- Set skillet on rimmed baking sheet; bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbling.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with dollop of ice cream.
Substitute brown sugar for granulated sugar in topping; add 1/2 cup rolled oats for a crumble topping if desired.