Easy Pumpkin Pie
Celebrate the season with a homemade spiced pumpkin pie. Crisp, golden crust and decadent E.D.SMITH
® pumpkin pie filling make the perfect dessert.
- 2 ½ Cups (625ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon 5ml salt
- 1 Teaspoon 5ml granulated sugar
- 1 Cup 250ml cold, unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ½ Cup 125ml ice water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Can (540mL) E.D.SMITH
®Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1/3 Cup 75ml heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
- Preheat oven 425º F (240ºC)
- Mix 2 ½ Cups flour, granulated sugar and salt in a large bowl. Then cut in the cold, cubed, unsalted butter with a fork until resembles coarse crumbs
- Add in ICE water, a bit at a time, and mix until a ball can be formed.
- Divide the dough in half and form each half into a disc. Wrap each disc in plastic and refrigerate for 30 min (up to 2 days or freeze up to 2 months).
- Remove one pastry disc from the fridge and let sit 20 minutes. Remove the plastic and roll out on a lightly floured surface. Line a 9-inch pie dish with the pastry and flute edges.
- Place eggs in a separate medium sized bowl and beat lightly.
- Add one 540ml can Pumpkin Pie Filling, the heavy cream (or evaporated milk) and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour your filling mixture into prepared pie dish and bake 425ºF (240ºC) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350º F (170ºC) and bake for an additional 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted 1-inch from the crust comes out clean and the filling is almost set in the in center. Cool one hour and serve.