Strawberries And Cream French Toast Roll-Ups
Indulgent French toast roll ups are filled with strawberry pie filling and mascarpone cheese then
- 8 slices egg bread each 3/4-inch/2 cm thick
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) E.D.SMITH® Strawberry Pie Filling, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread to about 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness. Stir mascarpone with 3 tbsp (45 mL) strawberry pie filling.
- Spread generous tablespoonful of mascarpone mixture over one side of each slice of bread; roll up each slice tightly. In shallow dish, whisk eggs with milk; dip rolls into egg mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook roll-ups, in batches, turning, for about 4 minutes or until browned on all sides. Repeat with remaining butter and roll-ups.
- Transfer to serving plate; dust with icing sugar. Stir maple syrup with remaining pie filling; spoon over top.
Coat roll-ups in cinnamon sugar after frying instead of dusting with icing sugar if desired.