Decadent Cherry & Chocolate Mousse Cups
Rich dark chocolate cups filled with smooth milk chocolate mousse topped perfectly with a cherry or two.
- 4 oz (125 g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1¾ cups (425 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- 12 store-bought chocolate cups
- In double boiler set over steaming but not boiling water, melt chocolate. Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the cream; let cool.
- Using hand mixer, whip remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold in vanilla and melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Transfer to piping bag fitted with large star tip; pipe evenly into chocolate cups. Top each with dollop of cherry pie filling.
Substitute raspberry or strawberry E.D.SMITH® pie fillings if desired.
If you don't have a piping bag, add mousse to resealable bag and snip one corner to pipe filling into chocolate cups, or just spoon the mousse into cups.