Decadent Cherry & Chocolate Mousse Cups
Rich dark chocolate cups filled with smooth milk chocolate mousse topped perfectly with a cherry or two.
Prep Time 15 mins
Total Time 15 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 oz (125 g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1¾ cups (425 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- 12 store-bought chocolate cups
- In double boiler set over steaming but not boiling water, melt chocolate. Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the cream; let cool.
- Using hand mixer, whip remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold in vanilla and melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Transfer to piping bag fitted with large star tip; pipe evenly into chocolate cups. Top each with dollop of cherry pie filling.
Substitute raspberry or strawberry E.D.SMITH® pie fillings if desired.
If you don't have a piping bag, add mousse to resealable bag and snip one corner to pipe filling into chocolate cups, or just spoon the mousse into cups.
Type Ice cream, Mousse & Parfaits
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Kid Friendly - Spring & Easter - Valentine's Day