Strawberry-Sriracha Bbq Ribs
Spicy and sweet ribs brushed with this make ahead strawberry-sriracha BBQ sauce.
Prep Time 25 mins
Cook Time 1 hr
Total Time 1 hr 25 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 2 racks baby back ribs cut into 2-rib pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) kosher salt
- 3 bay leaves
Strawberry-Sriracha BBQ Sauce:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each chili powder, paprika, mustard powder and cumin
- 1/4 ) tsp (1 mL each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
- 1 cup (250 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Strawberry Raspberry & Plum Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) molasses
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- Ribs: Bring large pot of water to boil. Add ribs, salt and bay leaves. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer gently for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through and very tender but not falling off the bone. Drain well; discard bay leaves.
- Strawberry-Sriracha BBQ Sauce: Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, chili powder, paprika, mustard powder, cumin, salt and pepper, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Stir in ketchup, fruit spread, vinegar, molasses, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grates well. Toss ribs with half of the barbecue sauce. Grill ribs, turning and basting with remaining barbecue sauce, for about 15 minutes or until glazed and lightly charred.
Alternatively, use Strawberry-Sriracha BBQ Sauce for grilled chicken, salmon or pork chops.
Serve with lime wedges and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
The sauce is also delicious made with your favorite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Fruit Spreads.
Type Dips, Marinades & Sauces
Season/Occasion Spring & Easter - Summer Fun