Fresh Summer Salad Rolls
The perfect summer appetizer or pair with another dish for lunch. Fresh veggies wrapped in rice paper tastes amazing dipped in our homemade mango orange dipping sauce.
- 4 oz (125 g) rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 large carrot peeled
- 1 large red pepper halved and seeded
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 mango peeled
- 12 rice paper wrappers 8 inch/20 cm
- 12 leaves Boston lettuce
- 24 large fresh mint leaves
Mango Orange Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Peach Mango Orange Fruit Spread
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- Mango Orange Dipping Sauce: Whisk together vinegar, fruit spread, 2 tbsp (30 mL) water, lime juice, salt and hot pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Salad Rolls: Soak rice vermicelli in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and run under cold water for 2 minutes. Drain well. Toss with 2 tbsp (30 mL) dipping sauce. Cut carrot, red pepper, cucumber and mango into matchstick pieces, about 3 x 1/8-inch (8 cm x 3 mm).
- Fill shallow dish or pie plate with warm water. Lay out damp tea towel. Dip rice paper wrappers in water for about 1 minute or until pliable; pat dry on tea towel. Transfer to cutting board.
- Line wrapper with 1 lettuce leaf and 2 mint leaves. Arrange about 4 pieces each carrot, red pepper, cucumber and mango on bottom third of wrapper. Top with vermicelli noodles.
- Fold up bottom over filling; then fold in the sides and roll into tight log. Place on serving tray and cover with damp tea towel. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut rolls in half diagonally; serve with dipping sauce.
Add cooked shrimp or chicken if desired.