Sweet And Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Plump juicy shrimp marinated with a sweet and spicy blend of soy sauce, garlic, sriracha and of course our apricot peach passion fruit spread.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 3 mins
Total Time 13 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) shrimp (16/20 count), peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped toasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped green onion
- Line baking sheet with foil. Pat shrimp dry with paper towel. Stir together fruit spread, lime juice, soy sauce, oil, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Toss half of the marinade with shrimp to coat.
- Arrange in single layer on prepared pan; broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and curl around edges.
- Arrange shrimp on serving dish; garnish with peanuts and green onions. Serve with remaining marinade as dipping sauce.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Fruit Spreads in the shrimp marinade.
Serve over rice noodles or steamed rice for a tasty entrée.
Type Dips, Marinades & Sauces
Season/Occasion Spring & Easter - Summer Fun