Sweet And Spicy Roasted Broccoli Florets
A simple green vegetable with a hit of both sweetness and spice is elevated to star status.
- 1/4 v cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH® No Sugar Added Raspberry
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 8 cups (2 L) broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together jam, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, chili flakes and salt; add broccoli, tossing until well coated. Spread onto prepared pan in single layer; roast, stirring once, for 13 to 15 minutes or until tender-crisp and browned.
- Top with green onions and sesame oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm.
Add roasted broccoli to your favourite rice bowl or serve as a light lunch topped with grilled fish or shrimp.
Garnish with broccoli sprouts if available.