Sweet And Spicy Tuna Pita Pockets
An elegant sandwich for a make ahead lunch! Packed with sweet and spicy tuna and loaded with fresh veggies this pita is sure to be a hit.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Peach Mango Orange Fruit Spread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cans (6 oz/170 g) each tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 3 pita pockets halved
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves halved
- 12 slices tomato
- 18 slices cucumber
- Stir together fruit spread, mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, salt and pepper; toss with tuna, green onions and celery until blended.
- Fill pita pockets with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and tuna salad mixture.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Fruit Spreads in the sandwich.
If desired, roll up tuna mixture in tortillas and serve as wraps.