Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
Choosing Chia made these indulgent vegan pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls just for us (and you)! They are excellent for breakfast, as a mid-day snack or, really, any time of day.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 50 mins
Resting Time 1 hr 45 mins
Total Time 1 hr
Difficulty Level Advanced
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet of active dry yeast 2 1/4 tsp
- 1/3 cup E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
Pumpkin Spice Filling:
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 50 gm vegan cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp vegan butter room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer (or large bowl), whisk together the almond milk, melted butter, and sugar. The mixture should be slightly warm (100-110˚F) . If it’s hotter, let to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let set for 1 minute for the yeast to bloom. (You should see it grow and expand. If it doesn’t, your almond milk is too hot or cold. Pour out the mixture and restart.)
- Add the Pure Pumpkin, 4 cups flour (not the full 5 cups) and 1 teaspoon of salt to the milk mixture and mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let sit in a warm place for an hour. The dough should double in size.
- Add the additional 1 cup of flour and baking powder to the dough and with the bread hook attachment, knead the dough for 10 minutes. It should be springy to the touch when you press the dough, and not sticky.
- While the dough is kneading, mix the ingredients for the pumpkin spice filling together.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch thick then use a spatula to spread the filling mixture all over the dough.
- Roll up the dough to form a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Trim off any unevenness on the ends.
- Using unflavored dental floss or a sharp knife, cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Place the rolls on a buttered 9×13 inch baking pan, then let sit for 35-45 minutes to proof. The rolls will expand even more.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- To make the frosting, mix all the ingredients together in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Spread onto the cinnamon rolls.
Type Breads, Scones & Rolls - Pastries
Season/Occasion Kid Friendly - Spring & Easter - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween