AdvancedBirthdaysCakes & CupcakesDesserts & Sweet TreatsDifficultyHoliday, Christmas & New YearsPastriesProductPure PumpkinSpring & EasterThanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween
Pumpkin Sheet Cake With Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream cheese icing spread over a pumpkin spice sheet cake makes a delicious dessert for any occasion. Thanks to Kristeena Michelle for creating this wonder for us!
Prep Time 25 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 45 mins
Difficulty Level Advanced
- 1 can E.D.SMITH® Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp butter room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp bourbon
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12×17 inch sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil. Add eggs and combine well.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and beat till well combined.
- Pour mixture in the baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla till fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar till well combined. Add maple syrup and bourbon and continue mixing until fully combined.
Type Cakes & Cupcakes - Pastries
Season/Occasion Birthdays - Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween