Wholesome Oatmeal Pumpkin Breakfast Bars
These oatmeal pumpkin breakfast bars are delicious plus a wholesome version of a favourite snack.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 45 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (750 mL) quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9×13-inch (3 L) pan with parchment paper and brush with oil to coat; set aside.
- Whisk pumpkin pie filling with brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Stir in oats; let stand for 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, stir all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined. Fold in cranberries, apricots, pecans and pumpkin seeds. Scrape into prepared pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester inserted into center of bars comes out clean and edges are golden. Cool completely. Remove from pan and peel off parchment. Transfer to cutting board to portion into bars.
Substitute your favourite nuts, seeds and dried fruits like raisins, dates, walnuts, almonds or sunflower seeds.
Store the bars, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
The bars can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Type Cookies, Bars & Squares - Muffins & Loaves
Season/Occasion Kid Friendly - Summer Fun - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween