2 cups (500 mL) pitted Medjool dates
1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted almonds
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted pecans
1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D. SMITH® PURE PUMPKIN
1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
1 cup (250 mL) shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup (60 mL) chia seeds
1/4 cup (60 mL) hemp hearts
2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil, melted
- Line 9-inch (2 L) square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- In food processor, combine dates, pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice; pulse until coarsely ground. Add coconut, chia seeds, hemp hearts and coconut oil; pulse until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Scrape into prepared pan; press down firmly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Cut into 16 bars.
Calories 220, Fat 15g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 3mg, Carbohydrate 17g, Fibre 4g, Sugars 11g, Protein 5g
- You can use your favourite seeds and nuts in this recipe: try sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts or hazelnuts.
- The bars can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 1 week.