Italian Almond And Plum Cake
Bring some European flare to your next brunch with this Italian plum cake. Even better when plums are in season!
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 50 mins
Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour (approx.)
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) almond flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) E.D.SMITH® Spa Fruits Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 5 plums pitted and quartered
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9-inch (2 L) springform pan; dust with flour, shaking off excess. Whisk together 1 cup (250 mL) flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk jam with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition; beat in vanilla.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture in 2 additions, mixing just until blended, scraping down bowl as needed (do not overmix). Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Arrange plums, cut side up on top of batter; brush with jam mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
- Run knife between cake and pan to loosen; release cake from pan. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
Garnish cake with sliced, toasted almonds if desired.
Type Cakes & Cupcakes - Pastries
Season/Occasion Spring & Easter - Summer Fun - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween