Pumpkin Spice Crackle Cookies
Easy to make and easy to eat (all of them). Try our pumpkin spice crackle cookies for your next family event or make ahead as a gift.
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil and egg until smooth; whisk in pumpkin purée and vanilla until blended.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Shape by rounded tablespoonfuls into balls; roll in remaining granulated sugar to coat, then roll in icing sugar to coat. Arrange cookies, 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on 2 large parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, rotating and switching baking sheets halfway through, for 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are golden brown and tops are cracked.
- Let cool in pans on racks for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies directly to racks; let cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Store remaining pumpkin purée in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Use remaining pumpkin purée in soups, casseroles and smoothies.