1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 18% table cream
1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® CHERRY PIE FILLING
Icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease 9-inch (2 L) oval baking dish.
- In blender, combine cream, eggs, 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the granulated sugar, vanilla and salt; blend until combined. Add flour and blend until smooth; pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes; dollop pie filling over top and sprinkle with remaining granulated sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly; dust with icing sugar (if using). Serve warm.
- Substitute any of your favourite D.SMITH® pie fillings.
- For a nutty flavour, substitute almond extract for vanilla.
- This recipe is a take on the classic French clafouti, which is similar to a baked pancake with a custard-like texture.