Cherry, Goat Cheese And Pecan Phyllo Triangles
Crispy layers of phyllo pastry go well with cherry and goat cheese. Serve this appetizer any time of year for family or friends. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 7 sheets phyllo pastry sheets
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) salted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together pie filling, pecans and thyme.
- Place 1 phyllo pastry sheet on work surface. Keep remaining sheets covered with lightly damp towel to prevent from drying out. Cut lengthwise into 5 equal strips.
- Working quickly, brush each strip lightly with some melted butter. Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) cherry filling and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) goat cheese onto each strip, about ½ inch (1 cm) in from end.
- Fold 1 corner of pastry over filling so bottom edge of pastry meets side edge to form triangle; fold up triangle. Continue folding triangle sideways and upward until end of strip is reached; brush triangle with a little more melted butter. Place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining pastry, cherry filling and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
For easy make-ahead: Place unbaked triangles on baking sheet; freeze until firm. Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 weeks. Bake from frozen, increasing baking time by 5 to 10 minutes.