7 sheets phyllo pastry sheets
3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® CHERRY PIE
3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped toasted pecans
1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
1/3 cup (75 mL) salted butter, melted
1/3 cup (75 mL) finely crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together pie filling, pecans and thyme.
- Place 1 phyllo pastry sheet on work surface. Keep remaining sheets covered with lightly damp towel to prevent from drying out. Cut lengthwise into 5 equal strips.
- Working quickly, brush each strip lightly with some melted butter. Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) cherry filling and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) goat cheese onto each strip, about ½ inch (1 cm) in from end.
- Fold 1 corner of pastry over filling so bottom edge of pastry meets side edge to form triangle; fold up triangle. Continue folding triangle sideways and upward until end of strip is reached; brush triangle with a little more melted butter. Place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining pastry, cherry filling and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For easy make-ahead: Place unbaked triangles on baking sheet; freeze until firm. Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 weeks. Bake from frozen, increasing baking time by 5 to 10 minutes.