Cherry Custard Pie
A classic custard pie with delicious, juicy cherries throughout.
- 1½ cups (375 mL) 18% table cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mL all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- Icing sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease 9-inch (2 L) oval baking dish.
- In blender, combine cream, eggs, 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the granulated sugar, vanilla and salt; blend until combined. Add flour and blend until smooth; pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes; dollop pie filling over top and sprinkle with remaining granulated sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly; dust with icing sugar (if using). Serve warm.
Substitute any of your favourite E.D.SMITH® pie fillings.
For a nutty flavour, substitute almond extract for vanilla.
This recipe is a take on the classic French clafouti, which is similar to a baked pancake with a custard-like texture.