Grilled Salmon, Asparagus And Arugula Salad With Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette
A versatile berry balsamic vinaigrette makes flavour filled lunch or dinner easy Use this homemade vinaigrette on the salmon and salad.
- 6 salmon fillets skin on (each about 5 oz/140 g)
- 1 bunch asparagus about 1 lb/500 g, trimmed
- 12 cups (3 L) baby arugula
- 1 grapefruit segmented into supremes
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced natural almonds
Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Raspberry Strawberry & Blackberry Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette: Whisk together berry spread, vinegar, oil, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper until combined.
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well. Marinate salmon in half of the Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette for 10 minutes. Toss asparagus with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the vinaigrette. Place salmon skin side up on grill; grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill asparagus for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender-crisp; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Toss arugula with remaining vinaigrette; toss gently with asparagus, grapefruit and red onion. Divide salad among 6 plates; top each with salmon fillet. Garnish with almonds. Serve immediately.
To segment grapefruit into supremes: Slice off the top and bottom of grapefruit. Stand fruit on one of the cut ends; slice off outer peel following the natural curve of the fruit to remove the bitter white pith as well. Working over a bowl to catch all the juices, cut between the membranes to release segments, letting them fall into the bowl.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Fruit Spreads in the vinaigrette