- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups (550 mL) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Finely grated orange zest
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Strawberry Pie Filling
- 1 Muffin pan lined witmuffin papers
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir one third into butter mixture, followed by half of the milk. Repeat. Add remaining flour mixture and spoon evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes.
- Let cool.
- To assemble, beat together cream, sugar and zest until stiff peaks form.
- Slice off the top of each cupcake just above the paper liner. Drop a heaping spoonful of E.D.SMITH® Strawberry Pie Filling on the cupcake base, followed by a heaping spoonful of whipped cream. Replace the cupcake top and repeat.
- Simplify recipe by making cupcakes with a vanilla cake mix.
- Try our E.D.SMITH ® Cherry Pie Filling with chocolate cake for those Black Forest lovers.