1 3/4 cups (425 mL) milk
1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® TRIPLE FRUITS APRICOT PEACH & PASSION FRUIT
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
8 cups (2 L) 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes day-old egg bread (about 8 slices)
1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH® SYRUP
1 tbsp (15 mL) E.D.SMITH® TRIPLE FRUITS APRICOT PEACH & PASSION FRUIT
- Grease 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. In large bowl, whisk milk, eggs, fruit spread, vanilla and salt. Add bread cubes and apricots; toss to coat until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Cover casserole with foil; bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Topping: Combine syrup with fruit spread. Serve with casserole.
Per 1/6 recipe: Calories 270, Fat 7g, Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 360mg, Carbohydrate 41g, Fibre 1g, Sugars 21g, Protein 11g
- Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH® TRIPLE FRUITS in the casserole.
- If you don’t have day-old bread, cut bread into cubes and place on baking sheet; bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden and bread is toasted. Let cool completely before using.