Shredded Kale And Brussels Sprouts Salad With Black Currant Balsamic Dressing
Black current jam does it again with this succulent salad made with kale, brussels sprouts, almonds, apple and cranberries.
Black Currant Balsamic Dressing:
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) E.D.SMITH® Black Currant Jam
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 L) stemmed shredded kale
- 4 cups (1 L) thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (about 12 oz/350 g)
- 1 red apple such as Cortland or Empire, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- Black Currant Balsamic Dressing: Whisk jam, vinegar, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red onion, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until combined.
- In large bowl, combine kale, Brussels sprouts and apple. Toss with 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the dressing. Transfer to serving dish; top with cheese, almonds and cranberries. Drizzle with extra dressing if desired.
Use any of your favourite berry E.D.SMITH® jams in the dressing.
Add cooked and shredded chicken to the salad for a main dinner salad.