Berry Lemon Doughnuts
You're in for a treat with these indulgent berry lemon doughnuts from Kristeena Michelle's kitchen. Berry pie filling was infused into the doughnut and frosting for a fresh take on a classic dessert or snack any time of day.
Prep Time 25 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Resting Time 5 mins
Total Time 40 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
For the Donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup E.D.SMITH® Pie Filling try Strawberry, Raspberry, Cherry or Blueberry, mashed
For the Berry Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup E.D.SMITH® Pie Filling Strawberry, Raspberry, Cherry or Blueberry
- 1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your donut pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, melted butter. Combine with dry ingredients and stir lightly till moistened- Do not overmix!
- Fold in the mashed pie filling gently.
- Pour batter into a freezer ziplock bag. Cut the corner and squeeze the batter into well-greased donut pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till donuts have risen and are golden. Allow cooling for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Beat cream cheese, melted butter, vanilla extract, pie filling, lemon juice and zest till smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat till spreadable consistency.
- Once completely cooled, frost donuts and serve!
Type Donuts - Pastries
Season/Occasion Kid Friendly - Summer Fun