Apple Pie Fudge
Homemade fudge has never been so delicious! Enjoy as a treat or make ahead as a gift.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Resting Time 4 hrs
Total Time 4 hrs 30 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) E.D.SMITH® Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 lb (500 g) white chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove apple pieces from pie filling and finely chop; set aside.
- Stir remaining slurry mixture with the walnuts until coated. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Set aside for topping.
- Line a 5 x 9-inch (2 L) loaf pan with parchment paper so it overhangs the edges; set aside. Stir chopped apples with sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; fold in apple mixture until just combined.
- Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top. Sprinkle with reserved walnuts. Chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the fudge onto a cutting board. Peel away the parchment. Cut fudge into 15 squares. Store, loosely covered, at room temperature for up to 1 week. Makes 15 servings.
If desired, substitute pecans for the walnuts.
Type Cookies, Bars & Squares
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Summer Fun - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween