Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
Can't decide whether to have pumpkin pie or cheesecake? Make this indulgent double layer pumpkin cheesecake to satisfy both cravings.
Prep Time 1 hr 30 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 2 hrs
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 2 pkg (250 g) each plain brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH® Syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 prepared Graham cracker crust
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). With an electric mixer on medium speed beat the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- On low speed add the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Remove 1 cup (250 mL) of the batter and stir in the pumpkin, syrup and cinnamon. Pour the remaining plain batter into the crust. Top with the pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set but still jiggles slightly. Cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipping cream (if using).
Make your own crust by tossing 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate.
When adding the eggs do not over mix because it will incorporate too much air into the batter, which will cause the cheesecake to crack during baking.
Type Cakes & Cupcakes - Pastries
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween