Baked Oatmeal With Walnuts, Flax And TRIPLE FRUITS® Strawberry
A healthy make ahead breakfast layered with oats, walnuts, flax seeds, cinnamon and of course fruit spread.
- 2 cups (500 mL) large flake rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flax seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Strawberry Raspberry & Plum Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish. Combine oats, walnuts, flax seeds, cinnamon, vanilla and salt; transfer to baking dish. Stir milk with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the fruit spread; pour over oats.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until oats are soft and tender, and milk is absorbed.
- Serve with yogurt and remaining fruit spread.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Fruit Spreads in the oatmeal.
Top with fresh berries before serving.
You can replace the milk with a non-dairy option, such as coconut milk, rice milk or almond milk.