Baked PB & J Donut Holes
Peanut Butter and Jam moving to a new level with these savoury and sweet donut holes. Enjoy!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups (375 mL) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® No Sugar Added Strawberry Raspberry Plum Fruit Spread
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a donut hole pan; set aside. Whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl whisk the sugar, peanut butter, milk, butter and egg until smooth. Stir into the dry mixture until combined.
- Scoop 1 tbsp (15 mL) dough and roll into a ball; place into the pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the icing sugar with the melted jam and milk until smooth. Add additional milk, 1 tsp (5 mL) at a time until pourable. Roll the donuts in the glaze until completely coated. Use a fork to remove from the donut from the glaze; shake off excess. Place on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Let stand for 1 hour or until the glaze is set.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Fruit Spread to glaze the donut holes.
Donut hole pans can be ordered online or you can use a mini muffin pan.
Type Donuts - Pastries
Season/Occasion Kid Friendly - Summer Fun - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween