Baked Pumpkin Custard
A traditional custard is flavoured with pumpkin, maple syrup and toasted pecans making this a seasonal dessert that can be enjoyed anytime.
- 8½ cup (125 mL) oven proof ramekins or custard cups
- 2 oven proof baking pans at least 2 inch (5 cm) deep (lasagne pan or 9 x 13 inch [23 x 33 cm] cake pans)
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Arrange custard cups or ramekins in baking pans. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks into Pumpkin Pie Filling until well blended. Stir in cream and pour mixture evenly into ramekins and place on middle rack in preheated oven. Slowly pour enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Should still be slightly jiggly in the middle. Remove custards from the water bath and let cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle each custard with toasted pecans and drizzle each with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of warm maple syrup