TRIPLE FRUITS® Baked French Toast Casserole
Also known as overnight French toast, this sweet casserole is filled with apricots and covered with a syrup and fruit spread combo.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 55 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1¾ cups (425 mL) milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 8 cups (2 L) 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes day-old egg bread (about 8 slices)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH® Syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- Grease 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. In large bowl, whisk milk, eggs, fruit spread, vanilla and salt. Add bread cubes and apricots; toss to coat until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Cover casserole with foil; bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Topping: Combine syrup with fruit spread. Serve with casserole.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS ® Fruit Spreads in the casserole.
If you don´t have day-old bread, cut bread into cubes and place on baking sheet; bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden and bread is toasted. Let cool completely before using.
Type Pancakes & French Toast
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Valentine's Day