Easy Cherry Pie Toaster Tarts
So fun and tasty! Flaky, homemade cherry pie toaster tarts are the perfect snack to make and eat with the kids.
- 1 pkg (14.1 oz/398 g) prepared pie crusts
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Your favourite E.D. SMITH® Pie Filling
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk or cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rainbow sprinkles
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pie pastry; cut into 4- x 3-inch (10 x 7.5 cm) rectangles, re-rolling scraps to make 16 rectangles.
- Whisk egg with 1 tsp (5 mL) water; brush over edges of half of the rectangles.
- Spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) cream cheese in centre of each egg-brushed rectangle; dollop 1 tbsp (15 mL) pie filling over top. Top with remaining rectangles. Press edges firmly with fork to seal.
- Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Pierce top of tarts with knife to make steam vents. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and flaky. Let cool.
- Simple Icing: Mix together icing sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; spread evenly over top of each tart. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
Store un-iced tarts in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat in oven or toaster oven until heated through.
Substitute any other E.D.SMITH® pie filling flavour you desire.