Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts With Buttermilk Glaze
Baked instead of fried, these tasty doughnuts are prepared like muffins so they’re quick and easy to make.
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter, cooled
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 4 tsp (20 mL) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or spray 12-cavity doughnut pan.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper. In separate large bowl, whisk together D. SMITH® Pure Pumpkin, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, egg, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined; stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon heaping 2 tablespoonfuls of batter into each doughnut cavity. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tester inserted into centre of each doughnut comes out clean. Transfer to rack; let cool in pan for 10 minutes. If necessary, reinforce doughnut holes with handle of wooden spoon. Transfer doughnuts directly to rack; let cool completely.
- Buttermilk Glaze: Whisk together icing sugar, buttermilk and lemon juice. Drizzle glaze over tops of doughnuts; let stand until set.
Doughnuts can be frozen, without the glaze, in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
If you don´t have a doughnut pan, try baking these doughnuts in a 24-cup mini muffin pan. Adjust cooking time accordingly.