Peaches And Cream Breakfast Quinoa Cup
A sweet morning treat made with hearty quinoa, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit and a dollop of our apricot peach passion fruit spread.
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- In large saucepan, bring 1 cup (250 mL) water, almond milk, cinnamon and salt to boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in quinoa and fruit spread. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Divide among 4 bowls.
- Topping: Top each bowl with sliced peaches, yogurt and fruit spread. Sprinkle with almonds.
1. Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Fruit Spread as a topping. 2. Add hemp hearts or chia seeds for added crunch. 3. Assemble individual portions in portable containers for a wholesome grab-and-go breakfast.