Healthy Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
Loaded with oats, seeds and nuts, these yummy and nutritious pumpkin breakfast cookies are the perfect way to start the day.
- 2 cups (500 mL) large-flake (old-fashioned) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) almond flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) E.D. SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raw green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°F).
- In medium bowl, stir together rolled oats, almond flour, chia seeds, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In large bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat together egg, pumpkin, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla until blended. Stir in oat mixture. Fold in dates and pumpkin seeds.
- Using 1/4-cup (60 mL) measure, scoop dough onto parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown and tops are set. Let cool completely before serving.
- Substitute pumpkin seeds with sunflower seeds, chopped pecans or chopped walnuts if desired.
- For smaller cookies, roll into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and decrease bake time to 10 to 13 minutes.