Breakfast & BrunchCookies, Bars & SquaresE.D.SMITH® Pie FillingsEasyPumpkin Pie FillingPure PumpkinThanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween
Healthy Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
Loaded with oats, seeds and nuts, these yummy and nutritious pumpkin breakfast cookies are the perfect way to start the day.
Prep Time 25 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Resting Time 20 mins
Total Time 1 hr
Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 cups (500 mL) large-flake (old-fashioned) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) almond flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) E.D. SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raw green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°F).
- In medium bowl, stir together rolled oats, almond flour, chia seeds, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In large bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat together egg, pumpkin, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla until blended. Stir in oat mixture. Fold in dates and pumpkin seeds.
- Using 1/4-cup (60 mL) measure, scoop dough onto parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown and tops are set. Let cool completely before serving.
- Substitute pumpkin seeds with sunflower seeds, chopped pecans or chopped walnuts if desired.
- For smaller cookies, roll into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and decrease bake time to 10 to 13 minutes.
Type Cookies, Bars & Squares
Season/Occasion Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween