No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Superfood Bars
The ultimate make-ahead snack or meal packed with nutritious ingredients and bursting with pumpkin flavour.
Prep Time 10 mins
Total Time 10 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 2 cups (500 mL) pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil, melted
- Line 9-inch (2 L) square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- In food processor, combine dates, pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice; pulse until coarsely ground. Add coconut, chia seeds, hemp hearts and coconut oil; pulse until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Scrape into prepared pan; press down firmly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Cut into 16 bars.
You can use your favourite seeds and nuts in this recipe: try sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts or hazelnuts.
The bars can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Type Cookies, Bars & Squares - Muffins & Loaves
Season/Occasion Kid Friendly - Summer Fun - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween