Overnight French Toast
Next level overnight French toast makes this dish irresistibly delicious as it's bursting with berry flavours, cinnamon spice and a hint of orange. Garnish with fresh berries for a delicious meal.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 40 mins
Resting Time 8 mins
Total Time 55 mins
Difficulty Level Advanced
- 6 thick slices day old egg bread or brioche
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Field Berry Fruit Spread, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) half & half 10% cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh berries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) icing sugar
- Divide 1/3 cup (75 mL) spread evenly over one side of the sliced bread. Arrange, in a greased 9 x 13-inch (3 L) casserole dish, in a single layer that overlaps slightly.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk, cream, sugar, orange zest, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Slowly pour over the bread; cover. Chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Brush the top of the casserole with melted butter. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden around the edges and set in the centre. Cool for 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle berries over top and dust with icing sugar. Melt the remaining jam in the microwave until pourable; drizzle over the casserole.
- Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® fruit spread in the casserole.
- Use wholegrain bread to add extra fibre to this dish.
Type Pancakes & French Toast
Season/Occasion Kid Friendly - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween